Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you suppose to take the bumper off to put it on and take it off? It seems like there's a star washer on there which makes it spin when you turn the nuts. There isn't much space in there anyway to get a tool up in there to hold the washer.

Are there any clips that you take off for the bumper or just screws? Does the bottom bumper piece attach to the top one, the one right around the key hole? Any advice that would help in taking off the bumper if need be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
they are insane to get off. I eventually just ave up and tied my lpate on with two black plastic ties. You can barely tell, and they hold great, just like screws. I nearly destroyed my poor ol' car for that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same problem

One of the bolts holding on my plate is completely rusted and 'bleeds' red down my white Ontario plate. Looks like $hit, so I bought some stainless bolts but for the life of me I can't get into the back to grab ahold of the nut or whatever the hell it is that's holding the bolt on.

I'll just have to live with it I guess.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same problem, and I need to get my plates on before july cause I'm using my temporary registeration stickers.

The rear plate bolts just keep spinning round and round.

Whereas the front bolts are missing inside my front bumper now...

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
the front and rear bumpers are made of plastic .. just drill a hole into it . or zip tie it for now until you figure out how to get the plates on.

·
Banned
5,310 Posts
All you need to do is use a tap and di set and bore your own hole, i like to use the plastic screws , cuz they dont rust.

DAMN laws! I hate my front plate and would pay $50 a year not to have one at all!

edit, i know i know its about thee rear plate, but i see red whenever anyone brings up plates!:ewink:

·
Banned
5,310 Posts
It doesnt matter that its old. Some members just like to flame for fun.

Zip ties are ok, you can also paint them the same color of your ar with touch up paint.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
graffitimonkie said:
Hmm didnt realize it was that old of a thread well it gave me ideas, I ended up zip tying the thing.
woo hoo... my idea worked still!!! Man that makes me feel really good actually :jump:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts