Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now and then when i get in my car, start it up and turn on my headlights my rear light warning flasher light comes on and flickers on and off. the brake lights flash like there on even though im not pushing on the brake. then my Reverse lights flash on and off like a turn signal; last time i checked the reverse lights were only supposed to come on when the car is in reverse.

any advice???

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
uhhh, im guessing something electrical. Maybe wires, relay or maybe you need a whole new computer. Not the ECU but the one that controls all the little stuff.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It could be your alternator or battery. I would check your alternator belt to see if it is in good condition. If it is, your alternator could be going out. Mine did, I picked up one at Schucks for 70 bucks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is my altenator because it happens alot when the engine is still cold. It works right after awhile, after it gets warmed up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd go with water in the electric system. There are a few places the car leaks, and it could easily cause anything weird here. My right turn signal just started working again and now I'm waiting for the rear light on the dash to go off. We've had a lot of rain recently and it's not the first time it's happened...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts