Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I now have two sets of rear mud guards, one new, one used. I went to put the new ones on last night and the friggin holes don't line up at all. Then comparing the new set to the old set, the old set is slightly different. Whats up with this? I am thinking maybe one set is for the 626, but in no way am I sure. The new set doesn't "wrap" around teh side of the car as much as the older set, and the older set has a larger metal re-enforcement on the inside, where teh new set, has just a small metal clip thing. Anyway, those are mostly irrelevant, so the main question here is why the hell don't the existing drilled holes line up?

The holes on mymar car evenly spaced like so:

The holes on both sets of flaps are like so:

But in reality, there is more of a difference than that. I guess I am going to eventually drill new holes to make them work, if I get real determined. Suck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats odd. I got a pair of rear mud flaps for my car. The holes on my 89 LX are like the ones on the mud flaps you have. What do they look like? I have seen differnt types on the mx6's. Are they the rounded ones? or are they flat? Do they say MAZDA on them?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Round? no don't think so. Yeah, both sets say Mazda on them

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
411 Posts
Travis, line one from each set up against one another. Are they the same except of the holes? I'm thinking that they're not, depending on which year(s) the sets are from. See, the black body mouldings on the '90s - '92s is taller than that on the '88s and 89's. The top of the rear guards almost touch the bottom edge of the rear quarter panel body moulding on all years. The mouldings on the '90 -'92 being taller means the overall height of the guards is shorter. This might account for the difference. The set I have on right now - which I want to replace with the set I'll buy from you - are '88 - '89 guards that someone put on a '91 car. The tops have been shaved so they'd fit right and not overlap the body moulding on the '91. Putting these modified guards back on an '89 means that they don't fit or look quite right, hence my desire to replace them.

I just went out and measured the holes on my car... the top hole is ~2 1/8" from the middle one and the middle one is ~ 3 1/2" from the bottom.

Whichever set has those dimensions is the set I'd rather have. But, if the new set isn't for sale, I'm still in for the old set as we agreed... Right?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as hole alignment goes, the two sets are identical. I will measure them tomorrow. And I will keep the new ones for now, until I figure out what I want to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts