Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found one off an 88 GT. Will it fit my 1991 DX?

Also - they wanna charge 50 bucks, sound right?

·
Registered
405 Posts
yes it will fit no problem. 50 bux isnt bad, i paid 80 from the dealer new. and they are not something that goes bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
\\

Does anybody have access to parts cars with a rstb in your area? How about yanking one for me when you have the chance?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - need help.....

*found a couple 1st gen. MX-6 GT's in the junkyards near my work. Figured it'd be easy to just request the rear strut bar and hook it up to my ride. But when I went to pick it up, they brought out a lower sway bar and said they didnt know what else I could be talking about.... Where should I be looking on the car for the rear strut bar?.... no snickering from the peanut gallery please....

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
No, he couldn't find it because he doesn't know what it is. You have to make them let you go point it out to them, or they will not understand. Most of those junk yard people are not performance imports guys to say the least...they have no idea what strut tower bars are. Getting them to let you go look for your self is tough because junk yards frequently won't let people walk around for insurance reasons. Just try to explain it the best you can...

·
Registered
34 Posts
\\

Right. On the 90-92 GTs, open the trunk and look under the speaker shelf. Its a bar that links the tops of the rear struts together. Make sure you get all the attachment brackets/nuts/stuff.

If you find two, please ship me one. Thanks.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the responses peeps!

thanks much, also under the pics section, antiSUV posted a picture.
lino.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts