Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a part # for the rear rotors, and possibly bearings? I went to tons of stores today, and all they have are the rear wheel bearings for the 2ws models, and 2ws rotors.

Looking for a non-mazda part #. I have a Federal-Mogul part # for the bearing, but no # for the corresponding rotor.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Beck Arnley / Brake Rotor - Rear Part Number: 083-2282

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Ive got a bearing for the rear, beck arnley from dealer i think, let me dig it out. I paid 80 for it.
talk to allmazda about rotors. what is the issue?

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Issue is that the rotors are fucked:lol:

That and the 2ws rear rotors and bearings are NOT the same. The bearing is much wider and so is the spindle. None of the stores carry the 4ws rotors.

·
Registered
652 Posts
try calling the guys @ rosenthal they are reall helpful finding mazda part #'s ( the same ones you sent me to for the head gasket) 888-450-3220

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try calling the guys @ rosenthal they are reall helpful finding mazda part #'s ( the same ones you sent me to for the head gasket) 888-450-3220
I would normally go thru Rosenthal, but they're still more expensive than generico auto zone ones. I woudl special order them from AutoZone, but I dont have the time to go thru the hassle of returning them and ordering new ones if they are the wrong ones (Like the 2 other shops have done so far)

autozone special ordred them for me. i have the 4ws bearing
The bearing isnt the problem really. The guy at a local shop was able to take the part # off the old bearing and cross-reference it and find me the correct #. But they cant do so with a rotor.

You have 1 or 2 bearings?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I did find a Beck-Arneley part #, but the rotors came up as $100 apeice.:tdown:

I highly doubt you're going to find them cheaper than that...I have a link on rotors where I live and still can't touch that price..cheapest I can get it for is $110CDN each so unless it's used I'd snatch it up for $100a piece :shrug:

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I think expecting to get 4WS specific parts (i.e. rear rotors/bearings) cheap is expecting too much. You have a one of a kind car, you're gonna have expensive parts.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Lemme get this straight, me being less than bright and all...

The calipers are the same anyway, or are they special too? I have a set of 4 calipers for my 626, but if the rears are special, I'm f*cked...

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They list different part #'s thru Mazda and the parts stores, so I assume they are different also.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Here's a pic, just for the record.. notice the badly rusted exhaust? that was last year, now its just noisy..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts