Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the hell do I get to the side marker lights? I tried prying the lens off, and I tried through the trunk AND under the car... and I still can't get to them. I got my front lights changed, but can't get to my back.

·
Registered
291 Posts
on this note...

Anyone know where I can get front markers that actually light? The ones in the rear are light assemblies, but in the front, they are just retarded reflectors... Also, I'd like to get clear for the front and rear. Any ideas?

Thanks...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paco, the front are lights. You have to jack the car up, and remove/pull back the splash guard. The lights are tucked up in there. Trust me, both sets of lights were out on my car when I first got it, and now it's just the back. Fixing that in a minute...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Actually...

I actually pulled off the entire wheel well lining, and the front one is just a reflector on my car. There's nothing behind it at all. I looked with a flashlight, cause I didn't believe what my hands were feeling. Can you wire the rear light assemblies to your turn signals? If so, can anyone provide super-retard directions, for the voltmeter-challenged?

That would be great...

·
Registered
283 Posts
how do i clear them out the corner lights the front ones and back ones

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: Actually...

pacoisbob said:
I actually pulled off the entire wheel well lining, and the front one is just a reflector on my car. There's nothing behind it at all. I looked with a flashlight, cause I didn't believe what my hands were feeling. Can you wire the rear light assemblies to your turn signals? If so, can anyone provide super-retard directions, for the voltmeter-challenged?

That would be great...
i bet your car was wrecked and they just put reflectors in...hehe. anyways, about the turn signal thing, the only way you can make the rears a turn signal is by having the light off all the time (except when its blinking) or have it dim and itll get to the regular brightness when it blinks. let me know which one you would rather have. the trade # for the bulb is 194. does anyone know if theres a 2-filament bulb that will fit a 194 receptacle?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dim, then bright...

I'd rather have it be dim, then get to full brightness when it's flashing. If you can give me any information on that, it would be great!! Also, do you know if a light assembly from the rear would fit the front holes? I'd like to do those, too. One more quicky... Does anyone make a clear assembly that would fit the existing holes?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
okay... pull out the assembly and find the positive wire. youll want to find a resistor of about 3-5 ohms and 1/2 watt power capacity. if you get a higher impedance (# of ohms) resistor, the dim setting will be dimmer. if you get a lower impedance, the dim setting will be brighter (go to radio shack or an electronics store). a resistor of 4 ohms will be exatly half the wattage of a normally lit bulb.
THEN... hook up that resistor and another wire that'll reach to your turn signal bulb on the positive wire (should be red with a black stripe) by cutting it and connecting the resistor to the 2 ends you just made either by solder or crimp-on connectors. the extra wire should be connected after the resistor (between the bulb and resistor) put heat shrink tubing on your connection. then run the wire to your turn signal bulb and connect it to the positive wire there (should be green with a black stripe). connect it however you see pleasing (i would just strip away a little sheathing without cutting the wire, wrap the extra wire around, solder, and electric tape it. just to be simple). fire it up and test it.

and yes someone makes clears for the 2nd gen but im not sure where i saw it...ill go look.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Rockin'!!!

Thanks man, those are great instructions, I'm gonna try it out tonight...

Thanks again!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts