Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 1993 MX-6. Only 94,000 KM'S on it. Beautifal condition HOWEVER, I have put in a CD deck. That's about it. It belonged to my Uncle. I have noticed that when listening to some of my CD's. (Hendrix, Fight Club ST) there is a huge crackle coming from the back. Now, it's NOT the speakers however...it sounds like the plastic back hitting the glass when it is somewhat loud. I don't wanna fill in all the gaps with glue or rubber cement but, how can I stop this annoying sound? And remember that the speakers are fine, it's just that when the volume is up, there are sounds comin' from the back. PLEASE give me some idea's on how to fix this! Thank you!

G

·
0 Posts
silence the deck

The only way to stop the deck from rattling against the glass is to either wedge something between the glass and the deck (like carpet or something else soft) or you can take off the rear deck and spray glue a strip of auto carpet along the edge. This is what I did and the decks been quit ever since. I also deadend under the deck and moved the brake light back about an inch so I't wouldn't hit the glass.

·
Registered
118 Posts
First remove the brake light assembly. Then crank up the music. The solution may be that simple. Mine rattled so much that I took it out and left it out. I also put a piece of black self adhesive weather stripping along the back edge of the plastic rear deck where it meets the glass. It's about 1/4" X 1/4". It worked great. I also put some Stinger Roadkill on the underside of the plastic rear deck. No more noises from the back. Now to tackle those rattling door panels.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had sorta the same problem.....when I would go over bumps I would hear a rattling at the rear deck. This was because my speaker covers weren't secure from when I snapped off some of the little plastic pieces that hold them in place when I put in my new speakers. So I just got some foam backed tape and it fixed the rattling.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had sorta the same problem.....when I would go over bumps I would hear a rattling at the rear deck. This was because my speaker covers weren't secure from when I snapped off some of the little plastic pieces that hold them in place when I put in my new speakers. So I just got some foam backed tape to put around the edges under the cover and it fixed the rattling.

·
Registered
358 Posts
blastmaster_c said:
First remove the brake light assembly. Then crank up the music. The solution may be that simple.
What brake light assembly are you talking about? The only extra brake light my car has is one on the factory spoiler. Do some MX6's also have one behind the rear glass? Maybe this is another difference with the Canadian MX6 'Mystere'. I'm going to try your weather strip idea to stop my rattleing. Also what's Stinger Roadkill? Is is like dynomat?

G

·
0 Posts
Yes they are similar. They both deaden the car but dynamat is made out of asphalt and thends to weigh more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stopped The Rattle

Ok....so I was the originator of this subject...to stop the rattle I put a piece of Plastic on eaither sides of the rear panal. ( Where the Seatbelts start at the top, two pieces of the side panals meet eachother...that is what was rattling.) AND, I also put a thin piece of just kleenex under one of my speaker covers. ( I will eventually fix the actual problem BECAUSE, just like someone replyed earlier, where the speaker covers pop into place, the piece that holds the cover has cracks....making a rattle as well...) BUT, now It sounds great! However, when I got my HENDRIX cranked, and I stand outside my car, you can hear a rattle coming from the doors. Not very noticeable however, If you listen for it you can hear it. I would like to stop that but, have no idea how. I do however have a PERFORMANCE question. I have a '93 MX6 V-4. It is very sweet looking. Lowered, Performace rims, tinted glass...etc..however, I really haven't done much to speed it up. Do you have any idea's that I can do to make it quicker without having to do an engine overhaul. (it only has 94,000 kms. (
Stay Free......
Little Bastard,
[email protected]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Mike, What's up? It's me, Chris fom Washington.

Originally posted by Mike 93LS [/B]
What brake light assembly are you talking about? The only extra brake light my car has is one on the factory spoiler. Do some MX6's also have one behind the rear glass?[/B][/QUOTE] Ya, mine did. The hole will be covered by a four inch mid for rear fill.
[/B][/QUOTE]Also what's Stinger Roadkill? Is is like dynomat? [/B][/QUOTE] Ya, it's like Dynomat but it's thinner, it doesn't stink, and it costs less. Also 'Pro' Roadkill is even thinner but it costs a little more than regular Roadkill.

Stinger's website.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You know what I got just for this type of problem... Home Depot sells this Insta Foam thing... forget what it's called. Comes in a Red bottle. It's used for insulation. Wat it is is a lastic/styrofoam FOAM that expands when it dries. I had the same problem all over my car and when I added this, and let it dry/expand. all the noises where gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts