Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aiight, i just got my 94 mx6 LS and first im putting a system in it(since i work at best buy) but i dont want them to install it cuz i did all the work on my last car and it was tight, but before i go breaking my rear speaker grilles or the panel, is there a special way the grilles come out or should i just rip the mess up?

·
Registered
164 Posts
No need to rip up anything.

Get a flat screwdriver and just gently work the mess off. This will give you access to the speakers below.

When I took mine out, the speakers were mounted from below the parcel shelf but I have seen some mounted from above, either way try not to damage the mess because you want to use it again.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Be carefull when you're prying the grill off. Make sure you do it slow enough so that those metal clips that is uses to adhere to the rear deck don't fall down inside between the metal and the panel. It took me about 30 minutes to get those suckers out.. if it does happen, grab a magnet and guide it towards a hole on top and reach in and get it. Other than that, it's a matter of removing screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts