Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got a 1989 mx6 and the rear steering isnt working i dont have the time or money to fix it right now so i pull the fuse and even treid to dissconect the control box and the rear end isnt locking out the rear tires just slop around i know its not safe to drive that way but its the only car i got and i hsve to drive it is there anything i can do to lock it out anything will help thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i just got a 1989 mx6 and the rear steering isnt working i was told the rear end steering unit has a crack and the fluid leaks out and i dont have the time or money to fix it right now so i pull the fuse and even treid to dissconect the control box under the passenger seat and the rear end isnt locking out the rear tires just slop around i know its not safe to drive that way but its the only car i got and i hsve to drive it is there anything i can do to lock it out anything will help thanks

:(

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
The rack is damaged. Normally it's a metal bar that is notched and desgined to break in this event case.

Do search for the 4WS repairs. I think Cam22T did one once with his own custom replacment parts.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
jack it up and see exactly where you're slop is coming from. could be damaged tie rod ends or broken return spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK ill jack it up and look my friends keep telling me to weld it but i would like to fix it right i imagine the car handles awesome when it works not only that this is the only mx6 i have seen around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts