Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 1156 rear blue bulbs for the reverse lights, but I can't seem to pry-open the rear tail light (I took off the screw).

Can someone please help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 626, but I am assuming that the lights are attached in a similar way. Mine has 2 screws AND 2 little pegs inside the trunk. If you pull back the trunk lining, you should be able to see them. Just push on them & the light should pop out. Just make sure you don't lose anything or your light won't go back on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rear tail lights

BE CAREFUL - I ruin a couple of plastic clips trying to get my tailights off.

Remove the screw and then apply pressure towards the fenders of each end. For example to take out the passenger side tail light, remove the screw and int he same area where the screw was, apply force towards your right so that the tail lights will slide off the clips.

That's how I got mine out correctly

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah... they pop towards the outside of the car and then back... you might want to take a screwdriver, stick it in the gap and pull toward the outside of the car for leverage... this way you dont mess up any visible paint and you wont use to much force...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's all good...I got them out...just need little FORCE.

BTW, I highly recommend u guys buying 1156 BLUE Bulbs for the rear reverse lights, they look PSYCHO!

Later.

PS- I'll post pics of how it looks soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts