Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear window (the large one with defroster) weatherstripping or the molding around the window is coming apart. At first it was only when I go through auto car wash and the dryer can blow off. But now it is coming apart at highway speeds as well.

Does anybody know where I can get replacement parts?

If someone can provide me exact name of the part or the part number so I can inqure dealership about it, that would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
my rear window (the large one with defroster) weatherstripping or the molding around the window is coming apart. At first it was only when I go through auto car wash and the dryer can blow off. But now it is coming apart at highway speeds as well.

Does anybody know where I can get replacement parts?

If someone can provide me exact name of the part or the part number so I can inqure dealership about it, that would be great.

Thanks.
nevermind

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
might be better off just calling an autoglass place. would definitely be cheaper than a mazda dealer. might not look the same, but they'll find something that will fit

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's still worth talking to the dealer about. sometimes they aren't a ripoff so it's worth while to try them first and then if they are go through an autoglass place like said. also if you do get it from the dealer you will still probably need to go through an autoglass place to actually do the install

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll look into autoglass places as well.

But isn't it something that I can do by myself once I can source the parts?

From what I see, it is clipped on with a bunch of fasteners.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Let me know how this goes. I want to redo most of the weatherstripping on the windows of mine once my restoration project gets that far. Ideally I could get all original stuff but I doubt that'll happen since they stopped making them in 1997. The only part that really concerns me is the rear side windows, there is a whole lot of specially shaped rubber.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
For those who are curious,
Here is the part number associated with front and rear window moldings. (printout from the dealer)

The sales person in parts department corrected me that these are window "moldings" not "weatherstripping"...

As you can see the rear moldings consist of two parts and the dealer quoted me $113 and $107 each.

Damn...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
jmp55 thanks man. that's very useful. mine is kind of shrinking too although not too bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts