Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered on black Friday instead of cyber Monday. I didn't realize all the rebates started on Monday.

How do the companies check the purchase date? Just by the invoice you send them? I could easily photoshop the date 2 days later as long as they don't contact newegg, or look up my order number date on newegg.

The difference if I was to get the rebates is $80 dollars, thats the only reason I am even thinking about PSing the date on the invoice.

If it was anything less than 50 I would say fuck it.

Any ideas? They just scan the UPC code and look at the Invoice I send them I should be gold. If they dig deeper I dont want to get into fraud troubles (even though its only 30 buck per rebate)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
its not like you'll get the rebates anyways.. lol. newegg does CPG

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And that is the company that just went belly up? I might as well say fuck it then. Ill send the one valid one in just to see what happens. its only for 15 bucks. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah fuck it, I just looked and the only good rebate I have is for 15$ to CPG in Tempe. The other 3 arent valid due to purchase date, even though 2 of them are to a different rebate center. Im going to say fuck it and take it with a grain of salt this time I guess.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found this

Couponmom.com said:
Now I know why I lost my job recently. I used to process consumer rebate submissions at home for a company called CPG in Tempe, Arizona. I was laid off and given no reason other than there were not enough rebates to process...LIARS!

Fear For Your Rebates: Largest Mail-In-Rebate Processor Missing $9 Million?

Continental Promotion seeks bankruptcy protection after layoff - Tampa Bay Business Journal:

These 2 articles explain how CPG owes consumers somewhere between 10 to 12 million dollars , yet they only have somewhere around 3 million!

Those of you who have recently mailed in or plan to submit a rebate to the address of:
P.O. Box 52900 (or P.O. Box 52911)
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900

your rebate submission(s) may be affected.

If you have a check from CPG and have not cashed or deposited it, DO NOT do so. It will likely bounce. Call your bank. Don't bother calling CPG, I have all the employee and non-employee numbers there and can't even get through. If you made your rebate-related purchase online, contact the store that sold it to you and request information. If you have a rebate you have yet to submit, DO NOT submit it...I can just imagine them "accidentally" losing your rebate submission. Contact the company you bought the item from.

Many of the companies, Costco and PriceGrabber--to name a few, are telling consumers not to cash any rebate checks they may have. Instead, the companies will re-issue a check directly from them immediately...or some stores like Costco have said they will exchange your check at their stores for cash.

Please remember to photocopy ALL records of your submission, the check(s) (if any) that are mailed to you and any other correspondence between you and CPG or the retailer you purchased from. Also, depending on your banks policies, you may be charged for depositing a check that bounces. Please call your bank and the retailer first before doing anything with these likely bad checks.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
all i gotta say is good luck.

I stopped buying things on rebates years ago.

I almost always find deals that are close enough to not have to worry about the rebate.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, Im just gonna say forget it. Its only 15 bucks and probably more hassle than its worth. All the parts were really good deals to begin with, after the discounts the 4 gig of ram was gonna be like 12 bucks :lol: The 600W PSU would have been 25, the video card would have been 45, and the mobo would have been 70.

Add 30 to all those, and 15 to the ram and the prices still arent bad :shrug:

Im getting paid for all the parts anyways, its just free money out there so I figured Id look into it. Things are a bit gloomy so Ill just skip it this time around :shrug:

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
I'm finally bidding on 2 GB of RAM for my 3.5 year old laptop. High bidder at $1.50 for NIB ram.

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
that's what you thought...wanna snipe war?
Nope. Cuz homie don't play that. I bid the most I wanna bid right off the bat, and leave it at that. You outbid me, and I'm done. I've got another source I can get it from for just as cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts