Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched, so don't say to do so. I've hit 100k recently and would like to get a turbo. But i don't think that'd be a good idea on a 100k motor. So i was wondering how much it would cost to get a rebuild and add a turbo to it, and what everyone thinks about doing that. My friend said that i could get it done for 1500-2000 but im not so sure. Please let me hear your opinions/information. Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey, I have a hunter green car with the paint oxidizing. Its really bad on the roof of my car, with a large spot on the sun roof and one near the front, and also a large one opposite where the antennae is. I'm getting a body kit put on so while I'm at it I'm also getting the car re-painted since those oxidation spots look really really ugly.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey, I have a hunter green car with the paint oxidizing. Its really bad on the roof of my car, with a large spot on the sun roof and one near the front, and also a large one opposite where the antennae is. I'm getting a body kit put on so while I'm at it I'm also getting the car re-painted since those oxidation spots look really really ugly.
That's great. What does it have to do with BurningCrap's question? I think you ought to start a new thread.

BurningCrap: There is no way you're going to rebuild your motor AND get turboed for $1500 - $2000. Rebuild will cost you over a grand and a turbo probably 3-5grand to do it right and have it installed.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
keep driving your car and buy an old 03 and start rebuilding it. that is what i would do to it. if you do it all right with forged piston and rods, ported or ZE manny, FPR, FP, new clutch, FW. there is so much stuff to list i cant do it all. but if you want it done right you will NEVER do it for 2000. sorry, but you will have to spend the time reading EVERYTHING you can find out FI for the probe/mx6 because it not easy to do. you will spend about 4-6 grand

go to www.probetalk.com and then to the forced induction forum and read ever single post there. and buy the book Maximum Boost! if you are serious about this, read up on FI and the rebuild before you do anyhting. and when i say read up on, know every single thing, ever brand you can go with, each company, how much cams, piston, rods, rings,vavle springs, vavles ect. are.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sorry, didn't see the sig. Still, it didn't really belong in the thread. PM or email. BTW, learn to deal with sarcasm; it'll get you through life a lot easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts