Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that when you get calipers from the parts store they are rebuilt and require a core charge. I also know that they sell rebuild kits for them. My question is how hard is it to rebuild them yourself? I am talking about the rears to be specific. Anyone done this? Waste of my time/efforts?

On and I was also wondering if you can actually buy these? I am talking about the paper clip looking things that push the rear pads out so they don't clank around. I just bought some paper clips to try and bend them to work but wanted to know if they actually sell these. Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ryde _Or_Die said:
I know that when you get calipers from the parts store they are rebuilt and require a core charge. I also know that they sell rebuild kits for them. My question is how hard is it to rebuild them yourself? I am talking about the rears to be specific. Anyone done this? Waste of my time/efforts?

On and I was also wondering if you can actually buy these? I am talking about the paper clip looking things that push the rear pads out so they don't clank around. I just bought some paper clips to try and bend them to work but wanted to know if they actually sell these. Thanks.
lol, dont use paper clips, they will rust and eventually just fall out causing a pointless effort on your part of having to remove the wheels and calipers to put new ones back in.. I believe any brake store can help you out with that first place id check is Meineke.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright I'll check, thanks.

How about rebuilding calipers? I searched and saw that people do it but nothing on how to actually do it. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts