Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my tranny rebuilt on the probe. I had problems with the shiftgate, and some others that didnt seem shiftgate related. The total price for the job was $1400, apart from replacing gears and stuff they also remachined the flywheel and put in a stage 1 clutch that i bought earlier. they also replaced a bunch of seals and stuff that they should do since they were down there anyway.

I know some people will say that i got ripped off. But now it shifts like butter, i really could shift with only my pinky if i wanted. It used to take some seroius force the shift earlier. I do feel that i got my moneys worth, because its like a whole new car now. Im still in the break in period, the mechanic said to come back within 200 miles for a free checkup on the tranny and that the clutch should break in within about 100 miles.

I trust him about the tranny but want to know what others have felt is a good break in period for a stage 1 clutch.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
it depends on the friction material. is it organic? metalic? ceramic? kevlar? but judging by the fact that its a stage 1 im guessing its organic and you mechanic is right about the break in time. about 50-100 miles depending on if you do a lot of city driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts