Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard somewhere that 93-4 models have a recall on rear calipers. Does anyone know if its true? Cuz I just replaced my rear brakes last year cuz of the faulty caliper and it has gone bad again. I really dont want to fork out the money again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
well from what i have heard the calipers aren't a recall. I had mine replaced as well on 2 of them. shouldn't they at least be warrantied by the shop you brought them to? I know they have a lot of problems with those calipers. good luck

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I understand there's a TSB on the calipers for siezure problems, but no actual recall. Usual symptoms are the rear brakes locking up. You may be experiencing slight symptoms since they're wearing out fast. Usually rear pads wear a lot more slowly than front pads.

Tyson

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I would have them done under warranty but they started doing it after I moved out of state so going back to the original shop is out of the question. So I guess Im f*$^%d.

·
Registered
483 Posts
tiger

just get them done, you will have to pay more money in the future for rotors and brake pads. When mine happened 2 months ago the rotor turned orange, but thank God that they didn't need a replacement.

·
Registered
79 Posts
same thing happened to me...

I had my brakes serviced and replaced with Brembo rear rotors. Several hours after leaving the garage i noticed i was pushing the car a lot harder than usual, and it would quickly come to a stop when i let off the gas. i smelled a really nasty burning smell, and when I got out to inspect, (keep in mind that it was night and pitch black) my rear left caliper was RED BLAZING hot, and i mean literally red hot, and smoke was pouring out from under the wheel.
I took it back to the garage and bitched, and they informed me of the problem.
They replaced the caliper at wholesale cost and didnt charge me for labor.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i bought autospecialty remanufactured calipers at carparts.com for decent price tho I can't recall. The loaded version comes with new brake pads, Axxis metalmasters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts