Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im intrested in aquiring a new performance exhaust for my 94'LS-V6 manual. I've read that alot of people enjoy the Borla on their probes. What does anybody recommend for my mx6 and why?
also, are there specific part numbers that I need to have, to order the one that fits my car?!??!

p.s. thank you all for all of the information that this board has provided my "car ilterate brain"
cheers

MX6V6LS-Manual
STOCK BABY
(not for too long hopefully)
:)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way, its a 94'

thanx

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have exact same car as you and I bought a borla. Carparts.com usually has a good price on them.....especially if you can get a coupon. I'm pretty satisfied with the sound of the exhaust and I'm glad I decided to get it. I think the number for this on carparts was 44129 but I'm not positive....I did this a while back so it might've changed or something.

G

·
i have an hks sport exhaust on my 93...so far ive been really happy with it. the only thing is that its made for the probe so it comes up about an inch or 2 short and kind of snuggles under the bumper. but, i did notice a definate improvement in high end power (between 3-6000 rpm). if you want a loud exhaust this is not the one to get, it purrs at idle, gets loud between 2-3000, then starts purring again. but dont get me wrong, i love it, and my wife loves that its not THAT loud. oh, if you decide to get it, hks doesnt list that it makes an exhaust for the mx6, but the probe ones will fit it.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have a 93 with the hks dragger exhaust not that loud it sounds great when u start it and it when u get on like u should(haha) sounds even better, nice improvement in power, i also have the hks intake, but what do yall think of it the intake that is????

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're looking for a quality exhaust without breaking your bank account look into a custom 2.25" or 2.5" custom bent exhaust with a magnaflow muffler. They offer stainless steel with tips or aluminized without tips. Obviously the aluminized is less expensive but it doesn't mean the quality is any less. They have a lifetime waranty on them so it'll be the last muffler you ever buy. The construction is top notch and they don't use fiberglass which will eventually blow out. My price for a custom bent 2.25" exhaust with aluminized muffler and resonator only came out to $360.00CDN which is about $240.00US. Magnaflow's are really quiet too, they won't atract po-po and won't drone inside the cabin.

G

·
our stock exhaust systems are excellent so you are only going to see a 1-3hp increase with either a cat back or a high preformance muffler like a flowmaster.

G

·
go custom!

I'm going to get a custom bent 2.5" mandrel tubing exhaust system with most likely a Ractive dual DTM tip exhaust. It's a hecka lot cheaper than getting a full Cat-back kit from a manufacturer, and you get to choose the looks and sound you want, and it fits correctly too. I have a friend who got a dual exhaust system on his '70 Impala with everything for $180 bucks. Although the muffler I want to get will prob cost around $130 by itself, total it should still come in under $250. It's the way to go.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wait... Now I'm confused. I heard the loudest muffler was the HKS Drager. Have you guys changed your mind? I want a decent sounding, loud muffler. What is the best?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trust me

wassap!!!
Im a happy camper!! I got my very first mod on 94mx6ls-stik
I got a custom cat-back stainless steel with a magnaflow twin tip muffler!!!! all i can say is DAMN!!!! it sounds so incredible. I got no resonators on there so it is loud like stink!!! go with the custom stainless and magnaflow!!! highly recommend it!! this is coming from a guy who knows nothing about any of this shit till now and let me tell you it KICKS!! now my car sounds as fast as it goes!!! mhahahahaha

p.s. did I mention I love my new exhaust.. total cost was $550.00 canadian.. prolly like 300 american!!! kicksass!!!!

94mx6lsv6-stik
custom cat-bak+magnaflow

G

·
GReddy

I insist that you go with GReddy. It's the best thing out there, and when you put it on your car you will understand exactly what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Greddy!

Well, it sounds like most of you guys really like the Greddy. But to tell you the truth I really dont want to spend $600 is there anyway you can just buy the muffler? If so, where? Would it be less then $250? How loud would it be without a cat or resonator? Just straight pipe and the muffler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts