Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, here's another question for you.

I am going to have to replace 2 tyres on my MX6 fairly soon.

The car is totally std, with 205/55R15 tyres at the moment.

Has anyone had and good/bad experiences with tyres?

The pair comming off are Bridgestone, the pair staying on are firestone.

I will be changing to all 4 tyres of the same make eventually, but have to do it 2 at a time.

Anyy comments/suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Russ

·
Registered
768 Posts
Eagle F1's are excellent, mate has them on his car

he is runnning eagle on the front and a different brand on the rear, apparently he says there is so much grip from the Eagle F1's at the front that the back becomes pretty light

i would strongly recommend them. Hope this helps.:D

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've heard a lot of people recomment Toyo, not got them myself, but I think someone has (Cornish possibly??)

My mate had Mitchelin (not sure of spelling) on his pug GTi and swears by them.

Will

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I run Toyo's, and they are very very good... about £70 each fitted.
Michelins are also good, perhaps more so than the Toyo's, but price wise, (around £120+) they aren't good value for money.
Eagle's... well Dave runs them, and says they are good as well.....

As for your current tyres... I'd rather have the bald Bridgestones than leave Firestones on... })

John

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Yes I run on F1 GDS 3's on all 4 corners and apart fron Sport contact continentals I have never driven on a better tyre.IMO

They proved themselves to me on the track in the wet they stuck like it was still dry or very nearly as good.

But you dont want F1's on the front and crap on the rear or you are likley to lose the rear. (I nearly lost mine and changed the rears the week after)

Dave

·
Registered
768 Posts
mx6-uk said:

But you dont want F1's on the front and crap on the rear or you are likley to lose the rear. (I nearly lost mine and changed the rears the week after)

Dave
thats exactly the same thing my mate said! lol!

:D :p

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Nokians

I got for the 6 and i liked them in the wet didn't have them long enough to see how good they where in the dry :), always sodden raining up here :(.

Mike what do you think of them Nokians ?.

Andy

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I have a Siemensian })

not very good when it's wet.... keeps going flat too...

John

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the Eagle F1's get the vote.
Better look to see how much I can get those for.

I currently run Dunlop Sport 200 on my golf. Anyone had any experience of the dunlop tyre on the MX??

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
John
I have a Siemensian
Shouldn't you go see the doctor about that m8, that really don't sound to healthy m8 }) }) .

Andy

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have Nankang Nae Grips on mine, but Marc runs the F1's on the skyline and they are really good

·
Registered
52 Posts
for what its worth...
one car mag did a comparison between 8 tyres and rated them as follows
1st Eagle F1 GS-D3
Contisport Contact
Toyo Prxes T1-S
Pirelli P7000
Michelin Pilot Sport
Dunlop SP Sport 9000
Bridgestone Potenza
8th Avon ZZ3

Can't say what they didn't test tho'

Paul

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Can you put a cost against performance of such a critical part.

??

In saying that all the rated tyres above are far from cheap rubber and we mear mortals probably wouldnt be able to tell them apart.

Still I just got a new MOT and my fronts are 1.6 and 2 mm so I need two soon enough. and the F1's will be on again.

Dave

PS I ended up having the Ministry of Transport called out by the MOT station to examine my car before he was able to issue an MOT certificate but thats another story.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
mx6-uk said:
PS I ended up having the Ministry of Transport called out by the MOT station to examine my car before he was able to issue an MOT certificate but thats another story.
So do tell Dave?????

Ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts