Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people. It's been a while since I've posted but I remember that some of you from SD frequent the local "junk yards" and I had a question. Have ya'll ever seen a 2nd gen mx6 there? I've been to Pick Your Part and Ecology a couple times in 2002 but never came across a 2gen. Do they ever have piles or an organized inventory of parts by model or do you always have to walk around and take stuff off of the cars that are sitting there? I need a few interior panels and was hoping to score at the yards but if it's unlikely that I'll find anything good, I don't want to waste my time. Thanks ppl.

·
Registered
98 Posts
there are a few 2gens down in chula vista but they are all just shells. If you dont need a body part then eveything is really expensive. Not even worth your time looking. CAll a junkyard down there and tell themt o put it on the hotline. They will let all the other junkyards in the area know what you are looking for. but again the prices may be expensive. I got around it once by wearing a mechanics shirt down there and getting all dirty so they didnt think i was a rich white boy from north county. good luk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info people. I guess I'll skip out on the yards and just try to find parts here or online.

GCHILD: I just saw your thread in the for sale section. I need few interior panels such as black a-pillars (both sides), driver side underdash cover, insert on left side of ebrake (all in black if avail.). I also wanted to get the trunk lining/carpet. I can drive up to your place this Saturday (12/20) if you are available. Let me know if you have these parts please. I'll check back here for info.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Rogue

HI,

If you ck with( "Hughes" at MX6.com parts) he has an excellent selection that he will ship to your home. I am replacing my whole interior and doing leather, he has everything plus it is reconditioned when it arrives to you. His prices are much better than junk yards and much cleaner, more trustworthy.

Ck him out, he has my "Seal Of Approval" I have bought a number of things from him, or there is the Mazdarecycling.com in Rancho Cordova plus online everything is inventoried and a ton of 2nd gens to choose from.

Let me know if you need anymore help Noel and I will do what I can..

Later,

Michael "T"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts