Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK so I have been in contact with EBC (or them with me) They have a new V3 red stuff pad out and a new ceramic red stuff for extra life They have the V3 available for the mx-6 but not the ceramic one (Yet).

I also had a chat about their discs failing and cracking plus the fact I had gone through a set of Black Diamond and was now on the new Rotordisc.
Here is his reply to it.

The cracking disc is a sign that the wrong pads have been used and has been overheated. If the cracking was like a spiders web and could not be felt by your finger nail it would have disappeared after a few hundred miles of steady driving.
My guess is that your members were using Greenstuff for trackdays etc and this alone has caused the problem and may happen on other manufacturers disc's.
This sounds right to my situation anyway as it was after castle coombe that my BD's warped and I was using Green stuff pads.

Attached are the specs of the new pads.

Why am I telling you all this well I have a set of EBC V3's on the way and a set of the Ceramic being made in their lab that should be here in a few weeks. The cost?? my favorite price Free apart from feedback to you lot and back to EBC.

maybe not the best time of year to test and maybe just maybe I might ship one set out for someone else to try. HHmmmm decisions decisions.

Speak soon.

Dave

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Well, I'm running Greens on my Rotordiscs and I'm very happy with the performance so far.

Saying that, (touch wood) I've not been in a situation that required any hard braking yet as I tend to drive to the conditions and read the road well ahead. I did slam the anchors on two or three times on a back road to see how they behaved though - to the point of getting the ABS cut in on a dry road... :)

Looks like anyone thinking of a track day really ought to be thinking about a set of Yellows to fit for the day then.

Ken
(and Dave - Yes please :) )

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ah Dave that is very good advice have i ever told you you are god???? :D :D :D

what a nice xmas pressie that would be from you to me :) :) you no you want to :) Go on...........

Stu :)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Good work Dave. However i still wouldnt buy EBC discs. Its not just the MX6. James in his import Prelude got through a set of dics in under 6 months !! - using green stuff pads.

Cruise managed to crack his aswell - For such a life critical system this is not acceptable.

Regards

G

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They offered the disc for the trial and I said we didnt want to try them because of the problems people have seen. So I was more than pleased when they still offerd me the pads to try.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are the disc still going, only both my fronts are warped and one has develped a crack. :eek: Not good. Have to replace them real soon. The discs i have at the moment are 32cm, so will have to send one away to get them specially made, but a free set to test would be a godsend. That way i dont have to be without the car for a week or so. :)

Regards

Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts