Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so some people has told me to take the Mobil 1 75w90 synthetic gear lube outta my tranny because the sulfur stuff will eat out the brass in the tranny's syncs....what the hell???? Anyway I must admit that after changing my tranny oil with Mobil 1, it has been notchy and hard to go into first gear and reverse....case closed. I am convinced by testimonials that Redline is the way to go. I live in Canada where the temps range from -40 to +35 degrees, which Redline should I buy? MTL or MT90. Please guys I need your input into these two different blends.

PS. How much oil does our 5 speed gear box take and how do I change it???

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Same on Probe talk?

Is this going to be the same discussion as on Probe talk? I'm using 1/3rd MT90 and 2/3 MTL just as some others over there where talking about... notice nothing but great performance and smooth shifts... that's my .02 @-

·
Registered
257 Posts
I WOULD DEFINITELY SWITCH TO THE REDLINE!! I WILL BE SHORTLY AS WELL AS I AM NOW USING REGULAR PEP BOYS GENERIC SH!T. I'VE HEARD MORE GOOD THINGS ABOUT MT90. NOT THAT I'VE HEARD BAD THINGS RE: MTL, JUST MT90 SEEMS MORE POPULAR.

Nick
BLUMX6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts