Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably the same as alot of you with the stock LS rims, my '97 rims are suffering from some severe flaking/chipping action around the center piece and the outer diameter. There's a shop in Toronto that will redo the face for me at about $100 CDN ea, but I figure its something I can do myself with a rotary sander, a nice variety of discs, and an afternoon.

Anyone ever refinished their stock rims and have some advice/stories to go along with it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have aftermarket rims that are also starting to loose their finish. It really isn't anything severe, but I want to redo them myself.
Definitly try to do them yourself, for $100 a piece you might as well buy new rims.

·
Registered
806 Posts
c...paul,
send me an e-mail and I will send you a file that will tell you how to touch up your rims.

xeon

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got priced at $150.00 a rim

I was looking at my rims one day and thought I would love to get these babies polished.

My friends rims on his Integra are polished and they look sweet. So I went to place here in Toronto and they priced me at $150.00 a Rim. Right then and their I decided not to do it. I might as well buy after market rims for that price.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Scratch??

What's a reasonable price to pay to repair 2 scratches on rims I have... they're reasonably big (from driving home stoned at 4 in the morning too mcuh and falling asleep almost on the wheel)

On my TSW evo's

17"

Whats should I pay at the most to fix them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts