Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive looked at 12volt.com ect. my starter says to connect this pink wire to ignition output that provides 12volts when cranking, so i hooked it up to the black/white one wich 12volt says is ignition. this turns out to be acc. and just turns on blowers ect. i tested the black/yellow this gives voltage when cranking, but 12volt.com says its the starter wire.... my remote starter says to hook a purple wire to the starter wire, wich one is it supposed to be? or how would i test it? and i need some second ignt wire hooked up. should i leave it or find some other wire that provides 12 volts on cranking?

i have a 94 mx6 LS

·
Registered
23 Posts
well i would think your purple is for the starter which is black/yellow( will be 12V during crank and 0v in all other position and your pink wire should go to a wire that's 12v when key is in on position and during crank..but it should be the black/white one... that where i connected my ignition wire

As for your second ignition wire you need a relay, 86 and 87 should be connected to a constant 12V and 85 is connected the starter module (one of the 20AWG wire that is (-) ignition output) and the 30 side connects to your 2nd ignition wire.

what kind of remote start do you have?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its some AS carstarter/alarm. got the alarm ect working, just the starter. got it to crank but doesnt stay on. maybe have to have the relay hooked up then...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts