Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 93 Maxda MX6 with a remote start.
Unfortunatly the AC Compressor aparently does not turn on if the ignition is not turned ON.. the blower comes on and blows out stinky hot air but no cool air comes out til I put the key in and turn it..

Any known way to re-wire this or Trick the compressor into thinking the key is in the ignition?

Thanks
-Ryan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Did you install the remote start yourself? Cuz chances are that the installer did not connect the wiring to both Accessory wirings in the ignition harness...i forget but either Access1 or 2 is responsible for climate controls.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, i had Alta-Mere install it for me.. they did a good job but they proably forgot about that... im going to take it in and get an accuator put in the passanger door since the mechanisim for linking the doors lock/unlock thing only seems to unlock sometimes and never locks the pass door.. I'll have them look at it cause i doubt I could do what you are suggesting

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went to altamere cause my siren got wet and now it sounds like a pussy alarm, I also need to get an acuator in the passanger side cause my unlocking mechinisim that links the doors togather dont work anymore. Im thinking of taking it in and geting these fixed and maby the windows tinted (my car has some ugly purple tint, i want BLACK)

has any one had a 2nd gen Mazda Remote start installed that the AC works fine with?

They claimed its computer controlled and cant be done, but they promiced to call arround. I want to go in there and tell them exactly what to do to get my AC working if its possible. As a last resort I think i can go to a mazda dealership and get a wiring diagram of my car for about $10 and try to bypass whatever is causing the problem on my own.

·
Registered
488 Posts
They just need to hook up the second ignition wire with another relay. I know this is the problem because I've been too lazy to do it on mine for the last couple of years. It's not computer controled or anything like that, there are just multiple wires coming out rom the ignition key to run various portions of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts