Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the rear deck cover for painting but I dont see how it is connected other then the screws in the front of it behind the seats. If anyone has any answers please get back to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
iirc you have to take the rear deck speakers out and even after that I think there may be more screws under the speakers. after that its all a matter of wedging your arn under the deck and popping it up. I think I bloodied up my arm a bit doing it. its a tight, sharp fit.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
yeah, take speakers off. 4 screws each. underneath the speakers, there are 4 more screws each. take the screws off where the back seat latches are. should be able to pull up on it and make sure it clears the latches. if it seems stuck, just check the seat latches and it should pull up and then out. there are little plastic posts that go into the metal that you'll probably break, but you can always superglue those back. too much work trying to keep them intact :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had already removed the speakers, but didnt see any screws their I will look again this morning and I will pop it like you all said, just didnt want to break the cover, I would like to install dynamat between the cover and the rear deck, might have to go under the rear deck but either way its going in.
thanks guys, hope you have a happy new yr.
scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts