Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i need to know how to remove the passenger side headlight so i can clean it

it has some yellow crap in it along with it being foggy from collecting water...

which screws to remove etc...thx

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but i wanna know how to actually remove the headlight all together...

or is there a way to just remove the headlight LENS only?? which would be easier hehe

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Removing the headlight is very easy.

Remove your grill, you need to move this to access the side screws for the headlight.

Then remove the top screws from your headlight, and indicators.

From memory, the indicators have to be out first before you can remove the headlights.

But have a good look, my memory has been known to be wrong :E

Pete

·
Registered
478 Posts
You will need to remove the grille, one screw and about 5 clips.

There you need to remove the indicator, one screw on top, and a about 3 clips. Be careful, the plastic will be brittle by now.

Then unplug the head light, one nut on top, and from memory there is one on the side and there is one on the bottom. There is also a little hook on top, un hook it and it's out.

The rest is up to you as I've never pulled the headlight apart, only out.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx guys...anyone ever cleaned their headlights before?? cause i got yellow stuff in them and the blinker light is foggy

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also...when i actually get the whole headlight out...how do i remove the lens so i can clean it???

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
If yours is like my ones it wont be easy..
First of all are they glass or plastic?
Secondly don’t be in a hurry. Take your time..
My ones are glass (not all second gens are) I used a heat gun to loosen the gray mastics grip from the glass/body of the headlamp.. but don’t heat it up to much as the plastic could get misshapen.. Do not force the glass off with a screwdriver or any thing as you run the risk of cracking it..
Only after the mastic is soft should you apply a bit of pressure to the lenses..

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I have smashed so many lenses and have not found any way of removing the glass form the head light other then removing the seals, it's very hard. there is a plastic cover on top that does hold it in I think.
The indicator I have no idea, I had water I just pulled it out removed the drain and let it dry over night.

Oh yeah 4 bolts and nut on top hold the headlight unit in place.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok then maybe i should open it later when i have some time...
for now though...which liquid solution should i use to get rid of the dirty and foggy lens?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.