Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my car had put a sticker on the spoiler of his university. Of course I go to a different university so I'd like to get it off. Are there any good products out there that anyone can recommend? I think I've seen some stuff advertised but I'm not sure if thats what I need. There is also a lot of the sticky gunk that gets left behind when you remove take on the passengers side which I would like to get rid of also.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Get a damp warm terry cloth and soak it and then get that stuff at a hardware store, called goo-gone, it works really good, lighter fluid is good too but get the goo-gone. you can use a razor too but becareful of the defoger lines in the rear windsheild.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
use a hot air gun or a hair dyer to heat the glue up and pull it off. it might take al ittle way to get the glue hot enough to pull right off but it will come off. or use a halogen lamp and set it right in front of it and let it front of it and let it heat up. use from DuzAll to remove the glue after you take the sticker off. or body scrub

they make plastic razors! that can help

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've used all of the above with success. Goo gone is my favorite...it's great for removing tar too, and it smells good. Goof off has strong fumes.

One thing you may wish to try....at our wedding, my wife's dark green car got coated with shoe polish (as did my white MX-6, but it didn't show up.) I wet a rag, and put it on the car, and used a hot iron on the other side. The steam melts things really well.

Tyson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts