Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was following the headlight sanding project found in the project section and it says to remove the lense off the headlight. it appeared that my lens was stuck to the back part of the headlight witha caulk like substance so i decideded to just do it with the lens on. well...i sanded and clearcoated it and it was amazing! however...now theres a bunch of condensation built up on the inside that wont go away no matter how much i use an air compressor in there or a hair dryer. i was wondering if someone could tell me just how to get the lens off the lamp part without messing up the plastic on the lens. it seems almost impossible. btw...this condensation will not go away! goes away when i use a blowing device on it..then comes right back.

·
Registered
180 Posts
lense removal

It's pretty simple . Just preheat your oven to 150 degrees, put them in on a baking sheet for about 3-5 minutes . Then use a screwdriver and gently pry the lens from the back.

·
Registered
658 Posts
From what I have read about this project you just have to be very carefull with your oven. All ovens do not heat the same so just be SUPER DUPER carefull. DO NOT MELT YOUR LAMPS. Just stick them suckers in there and check them oftne and when the coucking feels softer than normal your good. Just be carefull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts