Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Rip it off! That's what I did. I have new emblem from new MX-5 and it looks sweeter, I think... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey JPMX6, how do you like that body kit? i mean...was it an easy install? cuz ive heard all that stuff about the erebuni body kit's not fitting too well. i really like that kit and want to get it, but not if its gonna cost a ton of money just to get it on...thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that MX6s with the emblem taken off look too plain in the front. When I get my car painted soon, I'm not going to take it off, but I probably will paint it the same color as the rest of my car. That will make the front cleaner, but not too clean, know what I'm sayin'?

Does anyone have any comments about this way of doing it? Do you think it would look bad?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i think the safest way of removing the emblem is to use ur finger nails or a credit card, slip it between the hood and emblem and gently jiggle it till it comes free. ur gonna have to do something bout the holes though!! ive removed all my emblems, front hood and rear lid, and now i got the holes but it doesnt bother me!!..

id like to be able to put the mazdaspeed badge or the effini badge on it but they r really hard to find here in australia!!! actually i dont think there is anywhere u can buy it from 'round here.....its so $h!TTY how we dont have much for our MX6 rydze ere'!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
You could also try using dental floss. Just work it in between the emblem and the hood and gently pull up on it. That's how I got my rear emblems off to paint them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I want to shave all the emblems off of my ride, i already took the LS stickers off. Does anyone have any idea of how much it costs to remove the emblems??

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
I took my OEM Emblem off my Mx6 and I replaced it with a Newest Edition Mazda Emblem like the 99 Miata style and it looks pretty tight too. The wings on the M covers the 2 holes in the hood so it doesn't look bad. heh heh

·
Registered
763 Posts
shave yourself

adsmx6/ninjadust77

i pulled off all my emblems (front & back), bought some liquid metal fiberglass tube from canadian tire, filled in the wholes, bought some touch-up paint from my mazda parts guy and touched it up.

can't even notice it... if anyone interested ill post a crappy pic

if i remember correctly the mystere and v6 emblems just peel off (sticker) and the Mx6/Mazda emblems you gotta yank hard... same with the front

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sick6, i would like to see a pic of the job u did. And how much does the liquid metal fiberglass cost?

·
Registered
763 Posts
sweetwadd said:
sick6, i would like to see a pic of the job u did. And how much does the liquid metal fiberglass cost?
mm i think it cost about 8 $ canadian... and ill get a pic up as soon as I can..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want to take my front emblem off too, but i would recommend to you guy to put something else there....no emblem at all looks stupid and plain. I'm thinking about putting the new mazda emblem in place of the old one

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been done

I think someone on the first page already wrote something about this. Try getting a new Mazda emblem off of a newer Miata. I think this would look sweet, but I am unsure if the emblems are the same size (the pegs in the back have to be the same distance apart unless you want to drill)If anyone knows I'd appreciate the info.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
The new Miata /MX-5 emblem wouldn't fit without snapping off those little plastic sticks. They are not placed like the stock MX-6 emblem. Or do the modification to the hood. Anyway, I just modified the new emblem and used some self-adhesive tape to nail it to the hood. Place it correctly and you can hide the old holes under the emblem.
I got mine from a crashed MX-5 and it didn't cost a $.

·
Registered
763 Posts
JPMX6GT said:
For you guys that did it, I'm assuming it has 2 holes where it was fastened to the hood right? Does it? I wanna shave everything off my car and simply want to know if i could take that emblem off without any body work.
yeh two holes on the hood... umm i filled them in with liquid metal fiberglass ... uhh mentioned in another post here

1 - 20 of 32 Posts