Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 93 MX6 LS with a 6 Disk CD changer in the back. I screwed up with the amp I installed a few months back and shorted out one of the lines running to the cd player panel in the front. I need to remove the dash or side panel to the radio. How can I do this to access the cd player wires? Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts

Got some extra cash on you?
Buy a portable CD player and listen to it using headphones.
Our cars are a pain-in-the-ass when it comes to re-wiring things...
Did you pull out the head unit first????????
We can start from there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I havn't done anything yet. This has the anti-theft crap so I dont want to screw anything up! Let me know where to start, if you'd like, my ICQ number is 83009502. Otherwise I'll keep checking back here, thanks man!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Clothes hangers??

It sounds kinda ghetto but all you have to do is get 2 (approx. 5-6 inches each) pieces of clothes hanger wires unapainted. Bend each one in half to approx 45degrees. crip the ends to approx. 2mm (90 degrees). Try really hard to picture it. your head unit (if factory should have 4 rubber plugs, 2 at each corner....see it? pull it off and you should see holes.
take 1 bent wires for each side and insert them into the holes, use both hands, and tug it outwards and the unit should pop out a little bit....
that's the first step.

·
Registered
128 Posts
2nd step...

uh....your 6 cd changer, is it hooked up to a factory head unit?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, it acts just like the factory 1 disk cd player in the front, only it outputs to the 6 disk changer, its all completely factory. All I have to do is re-run one wire. I got the head out, so if you could help me with the rest, I can fix this thing back up! Thanks man!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well man, I've removed the head unit exactly how you said and it worked. Then I saw 4 clips holding it in place. I pinched the clips in and pulled at the same time. Bingo, it came right out, only once it got about 2 inches from completely coming out, something besides the speaker wires (I disconnect) was holding it in. So I reached back and felt around, and it seams a screw is holding the power cable to the cd player in. What do I do at this point?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts