Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is that black cylindrical thing attached to the throttle body (bottom left) with wires coming from it and how do I unhook it. Is that a plastic fitting that pulls apart like many other electrical connections on my car?

Is there a clasp to push or pull on?

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
HI Jamal, welcome to Mx6.com Its a great forum, and I hope you enjoy it here, however the "General Automotive" section is for NON-MX6 related threads, not such as this. If you have 2nd gen specific question they belong in the 2nd gen section, in your case that would be wither 2nd gen "other performance" or "2nd general"

Thanks a lot for joining, and good luck.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i dont think the black peice can be removed by itself without breaking it. the entire bottom peice is considerd the IAC, if you need to replace it you have to replace the entire peice. you can take it off by removing four #2 phillip screws underneath it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's your IAC. Unplug the harness from it by pushing in the tab on the plastic plug with one hand and pulling with the other hand. Be persistent, they can be difficult to separate. Just don't pull on the wires...

·
Registered
737 Posts
remove both top studs. it will make your life so much easier taking it off and putting it back on. plus you can reach the small rear hose and the IAC plug much easier with those out.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I beleive he is talking about removing the IAC from the TB.

I have inspected this since I was going to have my TB recoated but its like riveted on somehow. I decided not to mess with it becuase of the springs and I didnt want to have to try to put the IAC back on after I cut the bolts/rivets.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I beleive he is talking about removing the IAC from the TB.

I have inspected this since I was going to have my TB recoated but its like riveted on somehow. I decided not to mess with it becuase of the springs and I didnt want to have to try to put the IAC back on after I cut the bolts/rivets.

There is 3 itty bitty rivets holding it on, i inspected my old junk one and the rivits break off if you pull it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts