Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to order replacement rear calipers for my LS to FINALLY take care of the e-brake issue. I told him i was looking for calipers for a 2003 Protege. However, when the guy looked in the book, he asked if I had a protege with sport suspension. He said there are two different types of calipers. True? Which should I get?

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Just order them for the non sport model. The sport model they speak of is either the MP3 or the MPS, which will work, but require larger rotors as well. To do the proper conversion, just get the basic ones and pads to go with them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Walkertexas69 said:
I have a few questions about this conversion:
1) Will it pass inspection after the conversion (i.e. are there any rules about this)
inspections? what inspections? you mean smog inspections? wow suddenly the gov. is going to stop us from upgrading brakes lol

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
if you leave it nice and dirty with brake dust, no one except a protege and mx6 enthusiast will notice the difference :D

·
Registered
891 Posts
Walkertexas69 said:
I meant a safety inspection... to certify the car (in Canada) in case I wanted to sell it in the future
wow, another thing i learned new. I swear some places have the wierdest laws. To go off topic, i read somewhere in my criminal justice book that somewhere in this state, they prohibit you from having sex with a fish. but its ok if its dead lol how f'd up is that

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Well I drove around for about 2 months with them before parking the car and really, I have no complaints! So far its the cheapest and most effective mod I have done on the car (next to my HID retro). The car is planted into corners under hard braking, no more nose diving. As for Canada's laws, there is no way for someone to find out that you have put different calipers on the back unless, like Goat said, only protege and MX6 enthusiasts will notice (if they even will). I'm going to put that theory to the test this year at a few meets, see if anyone notices they are blockier than the factory ones!

·
Registered
685 Posts
haiyter said:
wow, another thing i learned new. I swear some places have the wierdest laws.
You think it's weird to have a safety certification on cars? It ensures that the cars are reasonably safe before they can be insured (mandatory here). If anything I think they should be more strict and pull some of the shit boxes off the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.