Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. im not a mechanic.. how will i go about replacing my brake pads??? is it a lot of work to do or should i just leave it to a mechanic

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Haynes Repair Manual

if you would go buy a Haynes Repair Book for the mx6. you can find them at AutoZone, or chilltons makes one too i think. in the book there will be EVERYTHING you you need to know. and it does tell youabout breaks. i have one and use it everytime i do anything to my car. laterman

G

·
It is real easy. I think there are 2 or 4 bolts to take out. After the take then out the caliper off and replace the pads. It is not hard.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The front is a piece of cake. Take the caliper bolt out flip it down, put in new pads, depress piston, done. Of course there are more steps to do, like take of wheel, take top off of brake fluid reservoir, but it is pretty easy. The rear is the same except you have to disconnect the e-brake and use an allen wrench to move the piston in or out. Get a Haynes manual and you will get the play by play and you don't have to be a mechanic to do this. One piece of advice I have is to use a torque wrench when putting you wheels back on.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I forgot one thing, check the condition of the rotors. If they are in bad shape (grooves) you should replace them too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts