Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could give me some information of changing the factory speakers that are in my mx-6.
I want to know which speakers may sound the best in my car, if anyone has already changed theres and could tell me a bit about it, it be greatly appreciated.
:D

And what are the size of the rear speakers?:E

·
Registered
40 Posts
Both front and rear use 5x7 speaker sizes. I replaced my fronts with a Boston 5.25" component set and the rear with Boston 5x7. The combination gives a very natural sound. Opinions regarding good quality sound always changes from person to person. There's no better way to determine sound quality than auditioning speakers for yourself. Nonetheless, whatever brand you select, I would recommend you to buy components for the front.

Later,
Peter

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My MX took 6x8's in both the front and rear. I put Infinity's in it and i sound great. I also put 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" subs in the trunk and it sounds great. Good luck.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Polk Dx7

Crutchfield says the the size for the front and rear of the car is 6x8, but 5x7 will fit as well. I install 4 Polk Dx7 speakers in my car and they sound great, no distortion at high volumes, crystal clear, kind of expensive ($150 a pair), but worth the money.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, no ovals for me.
That's just my "expensive" taste talking.
If you are not an audiophile, then you can simply replace all speakers with 6x8" and still get decent sound.
Many 5x7 speakers also happen to fit in 6x8 locations.
If you have the $$, I would recommend the Clarion Pro Audio 6x8 plate. It is actually a 5" mid and a tweet component setup, in an easy bolt up package.
Also, you can do as I am...get Scosche adapters and use 5.25" in factory locations. That way you can run true components.
I plan to have a site built for my MX6 stereo install, but it may be a while before it is in good shape.
I will re-post later, as soon as I have more pics available.

DANE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts