Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car's been making weird clicking noises when turning the wheel while at a stop so i took it to the dealer to have a look at it. They told me that they'd have to replace the bearing plates and were gonna charge me close to 300 bucks. I'm pretty comfortable under the hood so i figured that i may try doing it myself. So far i know that i'll need the spring compressor which i can rent for 12 bucks from a local tool rental shop. The bearing plates are 30 each, so that makes it little over 70 bucks so far. I couldn't find any instructions on replacing the bearing plates in the car manual, so i'm turning to you guys. Has anyone done it and if so, how difficult is, how long does it take, and could you possibly gimme some instructions on how to do it? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
$300 bucks to change the strut bearings!!!! DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!

First of all, It cost me about $20 bucks for the strut bearings at a local mazda dealer. Then, the installation is as easy as a hooker in the night. If you go to my page, under the ground control install, you'll get some instructions on the removal and installation of the strut itself. But the install is MEGA EASY!!!! Just make sure you have a spring compressor. After that, just wrip the stut apart, and then just replace the strut bearing the same way you see it installed. it should be located right underneath the top spring mount. Th eonly thing is that you have to get your whels re-aligned after the install since you are removing the strut.

Let me know how it goes... :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts