Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my turbo took a poop on me a week ago. I got the old one out and it was fubared so I had to get a whole new one. 600 bucks and a free coffee mug later I am ready to install it. Any special precautions I should take? Anyone have a link to an install?

·
Registered
711 Posts
What turbo did you get? Want a new turbo for my new project.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Turbo isn't hard to replace. It's fairly straightforward, but, if you feel you can't do it without help, get a Haynes manual. I'd also check the hoses going to the turbo and if they're the least bit cracked, worn, or soft, replace them. I've had both of the water lines bust on me at two separate times, and it's a pain in the ASS to replace them when you're on the side of the road, believe me. Also, when taking your exhaust manifold off of the head, check the studs. They break a lot. They're cheap from a nuts and bolts place. Be sure and put anti-seize lubricant on all nuts on the exhaust manifold. The EGR pipe that goes into the right side of the manifold can be a real pain to get out too. Just gotta take the nut off and pull really hard. That's it, I've done this a few times, so, if you have any specific problems, email me, [email protected]
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts