Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea , my car is all black right now and I was thinking since I was going to paint the car maybe make the hood a different color, like grey or something. So i was wondering if any of you guys of pictures of mx6's ( or anycar Iguess ) with the hood a different color from the rest of the car. thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn thats a nice picture.. wish I had your camera.. Yea gunmetal sounds like a nice color... what did you do with your old rims ?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Dutch 626 has his red six with black hood (Sweet).

I am going black hood as well soon (My cars are red as well)

Peace
NSXR

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ yea i would do black hood but for now my car is already black lol, so I was thinking maybe grey for now.. then when I get the car painted ( thinkin of getting yellow ) then I repaint it black or something..

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
damn thats a nice picture.. wish I had your camera.. Yea gunmetal sounds like a nice color... what did you do with your old rims ?
Its not my camera, wish it was. Thats a very old pic, I had Intrax springs and those are my black 17's. (I painted them). My 17's are in my garage. I needed a new look.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yep, some idiot said he was going to give me $3200 so he came and looked at it and test drove it and ran the front into the side walk and cracked it ( guess he couldnt handle the torque) so I was [fizzle] it im going to just keep it bcause I dont want someone like him buying the car, but lucky he gave me $500 to fix it so while I was fixing the bumper I decided to fix the hood too, im almost done ,( im not going to beable to drive it for awile but atleast I know its safe)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just finished the hood, i think it came out good, next step is getting it painted,(im still trying to decided what color )

·
Registered
589 Posts
Looks awesome man:tup:

Saw your cardomain page before, and I'm glad to see you got that gap between the hood and the headlights fixed :D

About the color, personally I'd leave it black... imo if the car is any other color than black, the hood can be black, and if the car is black, the hood's still gotta be black ;) but that's just me

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
itscard0man said:
just finished the hood, i think it came out good, next step is getting it painted,(im still trying to decided what color )

finally fixed the gap...i take back what i said earlier....:muhaha:

looks good now....and yes...what kind of from bumper cover is that? is if off of a R32 or some honda hack?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
The hood looks way better, how did you fix it?
I personally think a different color hood usually looks ricey and wannabe cf when in black

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well i'm going to be "two-toning" my car in the future, and it will include the hood as part of it's color change :)

*think GTX color scheme*

·
Registered
918 Posts
Why not take a page from the American Muscle Era? Since your car is black ... a flat black or semi-gloss black hood would work. It would certainly compliment the hood pins and vents you have already. Of course, I'm from the old school when hemi's ruled the world. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts