Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... i put 3 major modifications on my car in the past few months... intake, exhaust, and clutch. now, when i put ANY of this stuff on, i never reset the ECU. would it make the car feel any different if i did it now? or does the ECU just reset itself over time..?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal for any of this? If so you did reset it. If not disconnect the terminal, press the brake pedal for 30 seconds and voila you have reset the ECU.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i did nothing at all to the battery... ecu... etc. will doing it now make ANY difference?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
4banger93 said:
no, i did nothing at all to the battery... ecu... etc. will doing it now make ANY difference?
Not likely. The PCM keeps values stored in keep-alive memory for trimming the A/F ratio that it adjusts periodically. Any changes in these trim values the PCM deemed necessary to make to adapt itself to the mods you installed would have been completed a long time ago.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey mike, my intake used to kick in at 4,000rpm with exhuast. I recently added a random technology cat. Now the intake doesnt kick in until 5,000rpm. Would reseting the ECU fix this? Or is this change permanent because there is less back pressure?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Ads,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "my intake used to kick in at 4,000rpm with exhuast"?

Are you referring to the VRIS actuation or a power "surge" or ... ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry bout that, i mean the power surge would kick in at 4,000rpm, but now it doesnt kick in until 5000rpm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts