Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. What would be a resonable buying price on say a 93 MX-6 with 150k and perfect exterior and interior? (I'm in the southwest of the USA) I'm looking at getting one as a 2nd car to mess around with and/or try somethin new with like N/A.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
around here in WA State, they go for between $3-5k. There's a 96 M Edition that's selling for around 10k:freak: just depends on how motivated the seller is. but I think your money should be spent on a 1g GT ;)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
If it was in good running shape, I wouldn't pay more than $2k.

Check www.kbb.com and www.nadaguides.com for what "the man" says it's worth in whatever condition it's in.

Also, don't buy it if it's an automatic, they are quite problematic.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
These cars are cheap. Some of us just realize this sooner than others. :shrug:

As for your link...
1996 Mazda MX6 Coupe in excellent condition, V6 engine, 5 speed manual, 87k miles, leather interior, AC, cruise control, FM/cassette/CD, sunroof, power everything, Burgundy color
Lets point things out here... EXCELLENT condition, 87k miles, leather interior.

Their price isn't too bad, but I'd still talk them down to at least $4500 or pass on it. You can always talk them down on CraigsList.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it's rare for an MX6 to be in that good of shape and have that amount of mileage here in the seattle area..lol

dang, in just the first year of my ownership, i've put 30k on mine alone.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I've put 86k miles on my 2g so far.. owned it just over 4 years now.

However, I've put about 5k on it in the last year so that definitely bumps up my yearly average considerably. I was also unemployed a good 1.5 of those years so there goes my driving 80 miles round trip to work as well.

Also, so far I currently put 23k miles on my 1g in the 11 months I've owned it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts