Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 92' 626 and over all i've sastisfied with the car except for being a little slow. Right now I have a Cone filter with an afm adapter my brother had made me, it makes the car sound neat although it really didn't add much of a performance boost. It might have shaved a second off my 0-60 from 11sec.... Whoa! Then again I was counting in my head, I could be just counting a little slow. There are actually 3 resonator's on the non-turbo. The first is the one in the fender, take that damn thing out, it is really constricting, going from a 2 1/2" port down to a one inch inside the fender can't be too good of flow. The second is the airbox, it is actually considered a resonator in the book. The third is connected to the tube between the AFM and the throttle body. It's a small black box that is sealed except where it connects to the tube, taking that off makes it sound even better and now the car sounds like it's sucking more air or sucking it through a straw, probably because of the way the AFM is desinged. Does any one know what would happen if I take off the AFM? Won't it cause my car to screw up the air/fuel mixture ratio or not run at all? A little insight would help

Thank's
Bob

1992 Mazda 626 LX 5 speed with those damn auto seatbelts!
MX-6 spoiler added along with 15" 4ws Wheels, rides much better!

·
Registered
186 Posts
try disconnecting it, then try to get it to run.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts