Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is the resonator box necessary for the intake, would it make the car run rough if removed
Only reason im asking is because my resonator blew up and split into two and im not looking foward to spending $200 on a new one or would jb weld work fine

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Is this on a naturally aspirated LX or DX F2 motor?
If so the resonator isn't necessary but not running one can cost the engine up to 10 peak hp in the mid range rpm and somehow makes gas millage worse.
If I have one floating around my shop in good shape I would sell it for 15$ + shipping if your ever interested. For now just find something that plugs the hole and clamp it in place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If so the resonator isn't necessary but not running one can cost the engine up to 10 peak hp in the mid range rpm and somehow makes gas millage worse.
If I have one floating around my shop in good shape I would sell it for 15$ + shipping if your ever interested. For now just find something that plugs the hole and clamp it in place.
Yeah its an lx na motor, if you do have one can you lmk that'll be very nice

·
Registered
63 Posts
It was a 90 626 lx. It may have affected it a little bit. It did give it bit of different sound, it was the early 2000's when it happened. Gas was cheap. I ended up getting another box, and putting it in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well jb weld seems to be work pretty decent right now nee check engine light or anything odd seems to be happening

1 - 7 of 7 Posts