Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally i have too realise that my 88 Sedan are too far gone too be saved.

The 23 this month my gf wich is the daily driver of the car got intoo an accident. she was ok but the car suddenly needed a lot of new parts in the front. since she was not to blame, the other drivers insurance company will have too pay for the damage.

At this point i was unshure if i should replace the crumpled parts or buy her another car.

But today the car told us that it was time too end its misery
the rigth rear strut went straigth trougth the mount in the tower due too a heavy rust attack.

If this had been the only problem i could have fixed it (same thing happened with the left strut a few years ago)
but added too the damage from the accident mentioned above i think its time too let it go. after all, she has 415000 km on the odo.

As some already migh have guessed, i will ofcourse do some serious parts scavenging before the wreckyard will get it.
All parts i migth need for my 88 626 Coupe and for the 88 626 Wagon im offered (and going to buy). this will also include engine and drivetrain parts since all of these 3 vehicles has FE DOCH engines.

*a moment of silence please*:cry:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
am i reading u are going to buy a 626 WAGON 2.0i 16v???????
if so could u pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzz sent me some pics?
ive never ever seen a FE-dohc powered GD wagon.

and im sorry about letting the car go man...but again a FE-dohc powered wagon........hmmmmmmmmm :)
glad to hear your GF is unhurt.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dutch626 said:

ive never ever seen a FE-dohc powered GD wagon.
I just borrowed it from the precent owner too have a closer look and check out some of the weak spots, (like the abowe mentioned strut towers and CV joints/boots)

Yes it IS a FE DOCH wagon, but i suspect its a 89, not 88 like i stated previous.
The engine has lambda sond,coal cannister and lots of vacume lines wich the 2 other cars dont have.

Update tomorrow about the cars condition.:p

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
dutch626 said:
Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz make me some pics..
Please be patient
pics will be taken but it will take some time untill they are developed. i will also be away from home from the 2 too the 14 this month so internet access in that timeframe are not existant.

Ok some - points on the checklist

1 rust spots on the wheelarches on both sides at the rear.
(its not bad but its kind of difficult making a permanent fix)
(edited the feared rust spots on the rear strut towers was there) :mad:

2 Sunroof slides wery slow back and forward,tilt doesent work at all. (cleaning and lubrication needed)

3 a couple of cracked plastic covers in the interiour.
(lover dash left side) and strut tover cover left side)

4 leaking valvecover gasket+ leaking O ring at camshafts or crank
(should be done next time the timingbelt gets replaced)

5 instrument illumination gone (probably the reostat)

besides this the car drives well and seems good.

The above points will be used as arguments for a lower price.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i wouldnt mind riding in that just need rims lowed a sound system, and the roof rack taken off

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
me too hehee :D:D

So to clarify for myself the FE DOHC came in every bodystyle (GD and GV (Wagon) aswell as the Mx6)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry about the long time since last post.
The wagon turned out too be a rustbucket and my gf asked if i could get her a real cheap car so she had something too drive a while without having too borrowing money for a ride.

The car we ended up with in the end was a gold coloured 83 626 GC with a 2,0 Carbed engine.
Price? after i rebuildt the brakes and changed all wheelbearings
( the GC does have the most stupid design of the front hubs i have ever seen) it was still cheaper than 3 months of internett use.
The car looks ok (for its age) on the outside but needed a lot of cleaning on the inside, a partially replacement of the interiour migth also be actual.

Having too let the GV of the hook was a bit sad but the price where just way too high compared too the cars sad condition
it drove ok but with all these rust attacks, especially those in the rear strut towers it was just not worth the price the owner wanted.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
FE3T said:
Sorry about the long time since last post.
The wagon turned out too be a rustbucket and my gf asked if i could get her a real cheap car so she had something too drive a while without having too borrowing money for a ride.

The car we ended up with in the end was a gold coloured 83 626 GC with a 2,0 Carbed engine.
( the GC does have the most stupid design of the front hubs i have ever seen) it was still cheaper than 3 months of internett use.
The car looks ok (for its age) on the outside but needed a lot of cleaning on the inside, a partially replacement of the interiour migth also be actual.

Having too let the GV of the hook was a bit sad but the price where just way too high compared too the cars sad condition
it drove ok but with all these rust attacks, especially those in the rear strut towers it was just not worth the price the owner wanted.
Well you got a good project car now heehe ;) put a FE DOHC in one of those and it shall fly :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
FE3T said:
is it the FWD or RWD? the RWD and FE DOHC turbo and that thing would rule

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Havent you learned your Mazdas yet?:p
GC=FWD.

In theory i have all whats needed to install a FE DOCH in it since the white 88 GD has the engine stock and would not be put back in use again.

Bout i doubt this will be actual. even if my gf says she misses the 46 hp (and the ease of starting a fuel injected car in cold weather) she lost when she started driving this car, i dont thinks she would accept too have her car at a standstill for a longer period for an engine swap.
and would it be wise too do all this work without rebuilding the FE DOCH in the first place (it has 415000 km of duty sofar)

I think i will reserve this engine for building a high boost capable engine based on the new shortblock i have. (well thats if i stays with stock bore, if i decides too go with 88 or 89 mm bore iit migth be viser too bore out the old block instead)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts