Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the preparation for the server move, the database was damaged and I had to restore from the latest backup which was one day old. So all posts and changes from the last 24 hours is gone.
I will be going through the system to see if any subscriptions need to be restored.

I apologize for this issue, if there was another way around it, I would have avoided it.

Reactions: Chickebabe

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone lost anything significant, it is possible, although extremely difficult, to retreive it.
If you want to request me to retrieve any lost data, please PM me.
Keep in mind that each request will likely result in hours of searching through a 5GB text file.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
yeah i had a Pm and it had someone complimenting my car, could ya go ahead and getting searching Scoob? just kidding as Panther said it's a small price to pay, although i must say i was all excited when i saqw the page saying it would be back. I thought we were getting our update early!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
KING6 said:
i lost about 50 karma points. so if ya could just add that back on there, that would be great. :p
What a co-incidence, all of us over on the UK side did too ;)

K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Success!! I was able to recreate the main post I lost.

The thing is I'm selling this car and I sent some emails with a link yesterday to possible clients and to friends so they can forward it using their best spamming abilities.

For the link in those e-mails to still work I needed to re-create the ad with the same thread id I had before 169157. When I first re-posted today I got 169136, so the task was to try to bump this the only way I could think of. Create (and delete) a bunch of dummy threads until reaching the target number.

Now that it's done, I've got to recognize it was a good thrill. I first got some warnings about posting repeated messages ( I tried the dummies w/ cut and paste ) so I had to use extreme creativity to overcome that. Then I got another warning about posting within 30 seconds. Oh my God! If they catch me they are going to send me to Guantanamo. Then the biggest rush, what if someone else takes my number? All my 5 emails sent yesterday with the link would be total failure and I'm going to have to keep the car forever.

Fortunately everything is back in place so nothing lost for me.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Aww man.. I JUST POSTED LIKE a TON of pics of my rebuild project and wrote about 5000 words of text and spent about 6 hours yesterday pouring my heart out on MX6.com.

Or maybe that was eHarmony.com...

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jake, you are the only person here........

with a picture of himself as his avatar.. ;p

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll annouce the final date once everything is ready...

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Scooby said:
I'll annouce the final date once everything is ready...
You will get at least 10 minutes prior notice, don't worry. :ewink:

~Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.