Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to fit aircon to my J reg MX6 and wondered if anyone else has done this? I have access to a few 626's and a probe. The probe looks like the best condition system in the yard but will it fit straight in? The pipes are routed differently on the engine bay but that's all I can tell without dismantling the car!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Can't say for sure about the Probe, if it's a V6 it should be pretty much the same, the 626 V6 should also be the same.... As far as I know only one member has retrofitted aircon.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Yeah.... me..

Bought the genuine Mazda Kit.. all £1200 of it (fitted)

The kit was actually for an MX-6.. so yes, they are the same as a 626GT... bear in mind, the 2.0 is different and will not fit... but I think that's down to pipework and compressor mainly..

If you need any details, or pics on what is needed etc.. just shout..

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the £50 I've been quoted for all the parts would be a good deal then? :smokin:

I've stiil got that coolant cap fitting if you still want it, just let me know where to send it as I didn't make it to JapFest :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Einstein said:
Yeah.... me..

Bought the genuine Mazda Kit.. all £1200 of it (fitted)

The kit was actually for an MX-6.. so yes, they are the same as a 626GT... bear in mind, the 2.0 is different and will not fit... but I think that's down to pipework and compressor mainly..

If you need any details, or pics on what is needed etc.. just shout..

John
was it a difficult transplant? was thinking about it myself. ok so i just saw that you had it fitted, but just curious as to how hard it will be to do.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I'm going to transfer aircon from one MX6 to another. I have the front bumper off the doner already but I'm in no rush to do the transplant (cos its cold now!) but I can remove bits if it is any help for you to see what goes where before you attack yours with the spanners.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
The guy that came up to fit mine did it in about 2 1/2 hours start to finish... and that's including gassing it up..

Any how... here is the kit..

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts