Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
rev limiter move up...isnt it at like 6500 rpm which is 500 rpm past redline? If you want a high revving car then this isnt the car for you.....

·
Registered
819 Posts
In most cases there is no power to be made in the upper rpm ranges in these cars plus you have to deal with a motor with a very long stroke which at high rpm can spell disaster. I know the msd box rev limiter in my car is set at 6000 which I feel is more than adequate.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
If you to need to go faster than 130mph or rev higher than 6000rpms, this car isn't for you.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If you to need to go faster than 130mph...
my megasquirt top speed was 148mph thank you very much.

also yes, id rather have the rev limiter at 5.5k since it pretty much falls flat on its face after that. (infact the rev limiter on my car its set at 5.8k)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know you guys are in to street/strip racing,but my MX-6 races on a circle track and the tracks very so I need more power at the end of the strait away going into the turn and more pick up off the turn and it is a N/A car and has to be stock

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
the only way to raise the limiter would be to find someone to program a custom chip for your ecu. megasquirt would probably be a better option at this point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't use a stand alone cause the car has got to appear stock how or who do I need to get with to reprogram the ECU

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
If you to need to go faster than 130mph or rev higher than 6000rpms, this car isn't for you.

i can easily go faster that 145 on stock ecu/fcon. i will a video for you over the weekend if weather permit

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

also, did you see the last dyno i did on my n/a, the n/a keep making power the higher you rev it. i made my max hp ay 6k rpm

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I can't use a stand alone cause the car has got to appear stock how or who do I need to get with to reprogram the ECU
no clue. its probably not possible and if i had to guess there is no fuel/timing maps past the redline.

you could make a standalone look stock if you wanted though.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
no clue. its probably not possible and if i had to guess there is no fuel/timing maps past the redline.

you could make a standalone look stock if you wanted though.
Indeed. I'll take pics of my engine bay (dirty as it may be). It looks stock to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts