Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car with a KLZE but the ASpec ECU. At first I tried the probinator chip but the shop that soldered it on butchered it and destroyed my ECU. So I ordered the Xtremethings unit. The guy who sells it, Mike, is very friendly and VERY knowledgeable about the KL motor. The ECU came and worked very well. The car had noticeably more power, but also used more gas. It went on like this for a few months, but as time went on it was using more and more gas and had more and more trouble starting. A few months ago, the car became very sluggish when first moving off after I started it, and I realized there was an ECU problem. I got a KLZE ECU and all of my problems, including starting, are gone. I will call Michael and see if this is a common issue with his ECU, which I liked a lot at first. Not knowing if it was a problem with just my ECU or his ECUs in general, I don't want to say that it was good or bad, just that these were my experiences with it. I will update after I talk to him sometime this week.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yeah it ran pretty rich with my set up. but i got rid of it now. i still think any modding to intake or cams is best noticed with a custom tune. but im done iwht the n/a route! not worth it on a de. im sure a ze is different. high 13s n/a on a tuned ze is really good.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I had one of mike's computers in my '93 ZE and it ran superb. It just killed bottom end torque and since my car is more of a daily i just assume retain the torque in exchange for the slight drop in power up top.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long did you have it in there for? Like I said, my car ran fine and I was very happy with it for a few months.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
about 2 months. It did really help up top when VRIS was open but my car is more for comfort and normal driving so i'm not up there that often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts