Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried rewiring my fogs after seeing the ease for Probe owners. Since we have only 4 wires (not 5 like the probes) I pinpointed what I felt was the right combo to be identical to the Probe setup and connected it. Well, it didnt work. I would still like to do this, so if you know how, please post it here.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm assuming you want to rewire the fog lights so that they will go on at will, meaning with or without the headlight. This is actually a very VERY easy mod to do. What you need is a volt sensor.. you know, the one where you have 2 long clips and a light at the end of it.. a light tester. Somehow get to the back of the fog light switch. turn the headlights on and do the following. What you have to do is check for the wire that goes hot when you turn the fog lights on and off(Wire1). Then find the wire that goes hot when you actually turn the the key and set it to accessory or when the turnsignals go on (wire2). Then cut wire1 about 1" from the switch. Then with the end of wire1 that is still attatched to the switch, splice wire2 to wire1. That's it. Then you can tun your fog lights on whenever you want.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, I tried this. Did it just like with the Probe except it was slightly diff. We have only 4 wires. I tried different combos. No luck.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Nahh dude.. I didn't get a chance to take my dsh off.... But I researched it again and it's those 2 wires man.... I have no idea why it's not working for you..... I don't know.. I would get a regular 12volt light tester and re-test those wires.. Maybe the tester you're using now is different somehow....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes it's true.. Jorge hooked me up with my fogs to go on with the parking lights... The only draw back i noticed is that it somehow draws more power from my car.. because when i have just the regular headlights on and then turn the fogs on my interior dash lights dim.. It's not alot but you can notice... But I still think it's worth it because I have aftermarket yellow fog that i turn on along w/ my stock fog.. and it looks really nice at night w/ my parking lights and the fogs all at the same time! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts