Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i know i'm walking a very thin line here, but i want you guys' opinions on this. I have a 93 RS. I'm getting some rims next month when i get my next check. here's the deal, a friend of mine works at autozone, and as an employee he gets first dibs on any returned merchandise deemed "damaged." Well, he snagged a fully working blue underbody light kit from work and gave it to me since he doesn't have a car right now. Seeing as how it was free, should I? Or is that considered Uncle Ben's quality rice no matter what?

Trent

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
IMO it's 100% minute rice. The ONLY exception is when you have a 100% show car, kitted, slammed, and parked at the show. Then it's diffrent because it's part of your car's presentation. But for road use, just grab me a wok and some shrimp and I'll make some delicious stir-fry :lol:
Crooks

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
how is it not part of a street cars presentation???

if i were you. id probally put it on. it wont take that long for you to do. if you like it use it. if you dont, just dont turn it on or take it off and sell it. its your car if you like it, keep it, it u dont, dont.

what color is the neon? sometimes i like it sometimes i dont :shrug: theres an mx6 near me with a green underbody neon, it doesnt look bad

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hell, they were free, put them on. If not, sell to me?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The point I was trying to make about it not being a part of a street car's presentation is that whenever I see a car with undercar neons, I put it in the same group as cars with big huge wings, light up wheel lugs, day-glo paint, 20" chrome wheels, etc. It looks really ricey in my opinion just like all those other things, on a moving car. If the car is sitting still at a show, fully done, it CAN look ok. Sometimes. I still say a car looks better without screaming for attention, just like things like strobes, smoke machines, stuff like that. Just my .02.
Crooks

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, i got the same results at Sportsnimports.com where i also post. half of them called it rice. the other half wanted to buy them off me. :lol: Actually, they're blue. And I'm considering them for a white car. I'm going for a white and blue theme throughout, so it's fitting. Right now, I'm completely stock, so they wouldn't go on now anyway. just something for future reference. Cuz underbody lights on a stock car = Uncle Ben's long grain.

Trent

·
Registered
135 Posts
rice is a tricky word to use....
I don't call it rice until you're trying to make your car look fast and it's not. Underbody lights don't make a car look fast, so I don't call them rice. I guess, though, that they do border on rice, because so many of the ricers have adopted that look that you can't help but associate.

As long as you put them so that if I look perfectly horizontally at your car, with my head at the height of the tubes, I won't be able to see a single speck of the tubes, then they'll be good. If you can see the tubes from the side, I still won't call your car rice.
I will say it looks like **** though.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
100% agreed on the tube visibility issue. this will not be a problem or they will not stay on the car.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
I never really understood why people care what anyone else thinks. If you like something, put it on. Simple as that. Show some initiative. Be a leader.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts