Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riceater6-how hard is it to maintain the red color? Like how often do you have to wash it and wax it? I'm pretty interested in getting a red one. Silver is pretty nice too, and easy to maintain.

·
Registered
483 Posts
dear friend,

i have a red mx-6(in fact 2). red is not that bad as opposed to white, silver will get a bit more dirtier. if you want a red one, look at the paint on the hood you might cracking...aka...crow's feet. I guess the heat from the engine doesn't help the paint. I used zymol it is like 36 dollars for a small jar of brazilian wax. good stuff.

good luck,

anthony

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ok guys here is the deal, i used to work at a car detailing place, and really got in to it alot, that is ho wi make $$ now, anyway, i learned just about everythign i know from there, i believe i know more about cleaning cars than just about anybody, i take cleaning my car personal, during the summer i would clean it 3 times a week, and polish the tops of the car every time i washed it, and then wax the entire car at at least 2 time a month. ok, i used a polish with some cut( this brings out the color, makes it look shinny) anyway i would use that for a first step, and then put on Eagle One cleaner wax. my painted looked like shit when i first got it, so i rub and rub and rub with a strong cutting action polish, like a body scrub. a good strong body scrub will remove oxidation form the paint, this will make the paint look newer and hold polish better. well, the first thing i would do to a new car would be to wash it and then use a clay bar, with some mist( Eagle One Wet), to remove anything that is on the paint, that will make the paint not hold polish and make it now shine like it can. then use lots and lots of body scrub to bring out the shine, (just depends on how the paint job is on it) then use a polish ( a cleaner wax will work great, Mother has the best i think) then use a wax with carnuba(sp) in it, pure. this will last a good time.
well that is what i do to my car. when i get teh new paint job i will polish the car once a week and wash it like 2 times a week.
i strive for perfection, nothing least when it come to cleaning my car, so if u have any ?? just ask, thanks guys sorry it is long

1 - 3 of 3 Posts