Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Rim Swap

762 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  outlaws318 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My buddy was driving to Austin this weekend and his bad tires where pretty bald on the back, so we swapped. Now I have 16's and the cool thing about the swap is he is going to just give me his rim for my newer tires.

This is my 6

Here is my buddy's 5

Now here's the swap.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Haha, his car probably sits so much lower with those 14's on there. AND it looks like shit.

Your car looks good with his wheels but the offset looks pretty bad. You need some spacers so the wheels don't sit inside the fender so far.

PS. I added your pictures to the OEM mazda wheels sticky in the 2g appearance section.

#3 ·
Whats cool about the whole thing, he doesn't really care about the rims to much because he's trading his car in after Iraq for a MS6. What size spacers would be good?

#4 ·
2nd that spacer, find out their offset, then use the offset calculator to pick a size.

I have a set of those 14's with new tires, who wanna trade? I have MSP rims so I don't need them anymore :)

#7 ·
I dont think the swap was a good idea..

#10 ·
hahah i think the p5 looks hilarious now.

but man, all you guys seem to be talking about getting new rims now.. everyone around here is swapping back to stockers for the winter lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.